A luxurious bathroom is one that calls to mind a spa-like environment from the comfort and privacy of home. Amenities include rich textures, soft lighting and technological advancements that move your bathroom beyond functional into the realm of luxury. The following are some of the most notable amenities that make your bathroom luxurious. Read on to determine what you could do to update your bathroom, making it more luxurious and increasing its value.
Radiant Heated Floors
While bathroom flooring of all varieties like marble is beautiful to look at, it can be quite chilly especially if you are stepping into the room in the cool of the morning. One way to combat this issue and add luxury to your bathroom is installing electric radiant heated floors underneath your flooring. This means you step onto your beautiful marble floors, and they are pleasantly warm.
Steam Shower or Sauna
If you have the room to include a sauna or steam shower, it is truly a luxurious addition. Here is a look at the difference between the two options:
- Steam Shower: The typical steam shower has fully loaded chromatherapy, massage jets and both handheld and ceiling shower heads, including built-in radios. The massage jets are designed to treat the body to a wonderful experience of acupressure for increased blood flow and improved circulation.
- Sauna: A sauna is a bit different from a steam shower in that it is created with wood, absent of any chemicals. You can have it built as part of your bathroom or put it in another location in your home.
Towel Warmer Rack
Speaking of heat, another luxurious amenity that changes a bathroom’s characterization from functional to luxurious is a towel warmer. Along with purchasing rich, fluffy textured towels, adding a towel warmer is another way to add some class into the space. This will ensure your towel is warm and waiting for you when you get out of your tub or shower. There are also towel-warming drawers that serve the same purpose in drawer form.
Of course, the fixtures of your bathroom should be luxurious. However, another way to exude class is to incorporate lounge space and lounge furniture. Adding a couch or sitting area into your bathroom is one way to manufacture a spa-like atmosphere.
Sometimes it’s nice to be able to watch a favorite television show while soaking in the tub or enjoying a steam shower. While adding a TV is easy enough, it doesn’t look great to have a TV installed on the wall in the bathroom. One way to have a TV but still create a luxurious look is to hide the TV. You can do this by hiding it in a cabinet that allows you to open up and view a TV hidden inside. Of course, there are also mirrors that are specially made with a TV hidden behind that shine through the mirror when turned on.
Nearby Dressing Room
While a dressing room doesn’t have to be part of the bathroom itself, having one adjacent to the bathroom is yet another way to make a bathroom luxurious. It doesn’t have to be a huge room, just an area to get dressed, which should include a bench or chair to sit on and some areas to hang up and/or store clothing.
Dimmer Switches for Lighting
It’s important to have the option of either bright or soft lighting in a luxurious bathroom. You can choose any style of lighting you want in a bathroom. The way to ensure that the bright light becomes softer is a light dimming switch. This means when you are taking a bath or enjoying your sauna, you can turn down the lights and enjoy the relaxing mood.
Free Standing Tub and Shower No Combo
The shower tub combination is the practical way to get both features in a small space. However, if you are talking luxury, you want to have two separate features, not one combo unit. Aim for a claw foot, luxurious tub or one with lots of massage features and tech options. For the shower, opt for tile work and walk-in-variety and experiment with interesting shower fixtures, such as waterfall faucets.
Another feature of a bathroom that exudes luxury is hidden outlets. While outlets are practical and needed— we all need to plug in a hairdryer, razor or other electronics. However, you don’t want to see the outlets. Instead, you can hide them cleverly with inside cabinet outlets. They are there and can be used, but close the door, and they become invisible.
Sometimes it’s not adding different features to a bathroom to create a luxurious ambiance, it is using the right materials. Marble for example is one material that exudes luxury and class. You can also use a certain type of privacy glass that can be both transparent and opaque (more on this below). Consider each item you are adding into your bathroom and opt for higher-end materials for a luxurious feel.
Don’t Forget About Tech
We have already covered some technologically advanced items on this list, and there are many, many types of tech you can add to a bathroom that can create a luxurious and/or experience. Here are just a few examples:
- Shower Speaker: In a luxurious bathroom, you can add a built-in, water-resistant speaker to enjoy when bathing, showering or just steaming.
- Privacy Glass: There is a type of glass you can get that will allow you to make it opaque or transparent via an app using a remote control. This means you can make the glass opaque when necessary, but transparent when you want the light to come into the room.
- Toilet Features: Another interesting tech add-on to a luxurious bathroom is an automatically opening, closing, flushing toilet with a heated seat and self-cleaning feature. There is also another type of touch-free flush feature that can be installed on your toilet, so you don’t even have to touch the toilet to flush. What is more luxurious than that?
Contact Us Today to Learn More
If any of the features listed above sound like something you would like to incorporate into your bathroom—transforming it from functional to fabulously luxurious—contact us today to learn more!