Your old bathroom just makes you unhappy from cracked floor tiles to a bathtub that is showing its age. Just how long would it take to make it all new again? You can have a wall-to-wall bathroom renovation done in the greater Lewis Center, OH area in one day. But if you are making big changes to the floorplan, that can take weeks.
One Day or One Month Bathroom Renovation: Which is Right for You?
One day sounds awful tempting, but before you agree to that plan, what do you expect to happen to your bathroom?
What Can be Done in a Single Day Update?
- New Vanity: Finally, you can upgrade to a beautiful solid wood vanity with two sinks, extra drawers, and a look that works with your home decor.
- Update the Bath or Shower Enclosure: A one-day renovation uses quality wall panels and a drop-in tub enclosure that instantly covers your chipped, faded, and stained old fixtures. Everything looks fresh and new in a matter of hours.
- Flooring: New vinyl flooring can be installed over your existing tile that is flat and in good condition. Banish that 1960s green or gold for good.
- Backsplash Tiles: Protect your walls and add a little sizzle with mosaic tile panels that dress up the back of your vanity.
- Change Out the Light Fixtures: Take out the dated brass lights and bring in some industrial ones that match your contemporary vibe.
- Replace the Toilet: You want your tub, sink, and toilet to match. All of your fixtures will finally have the same color.
Why is a One-Day Bathroom Renovation a Smart Choice for You?
- Update Your Decor: Bathrooms often reflect the era in which the house is built. You can finally retire that twenty-year-old beige and breathe new life into the space.
- Replace Leaking Faucets: Tired of fighting with a toilet that is always running, a shower that drips, and faucets that won’t close? It’ll all be new in a single day.
- Cabinets and Drawers that Close: Do you have to wiggle your vanity drawer to close it or cabinet doors that swing open? A new vanity gives you all the storage you want with hardware that actually works.
- Flooring Ready for the Next Decade: You hate that old floor tile, but ripping it out is a hassle. Today’s one-day flooring solutions make that irritating floor vanish and deliver a soft, durable surface that complements the rest of your home.
- Minimal Disruption to Your Home and Family: You keep reading one day. Yes, instead of vacating one of your bathrooms for weeks at a time, it will only be out of commission for 24 hours.
- Budget-Friendly Option: Since your one-day refresh does not need new pipes, wiring, or walls, you will save big over a full down-to-the-studs bathroom renovation.
What Happens When You Want to Move Plumbing and Change the Floorplan?
When you envision an enlarged spa to complement your main bedroom, you are probably looking at a more significant bathroom update. Once you need to relocate drains and add extra lights, you are adding serious demolition and time to the project.
Expect a stud-to-stud renovation to take several weeks from demolition to hanging new curtains in the windows. What is the big difference between this and a one-day makeover?
- Total Demolition: A crew will come in to pull out all the old fixtures, dismount the lights, and tear out every surface. Demolition and clean-up to prepare for construction will last one to three days.
- Rough-in of Pipes and Wires: A licensed plumber and electrician will come in to add pipes and boxes so that your new soaker tub can be positioned in front of the picture window while drop and make-up lights bring new brilliance to the space. The rough-in can happen in one day to a full week, depending on the design.
- Leveling and Laying the Floor: Since the old tile floor has been tossed in a dumpster, your contractor must start from scratch. New subfloors are nailed down and leveled. Your new ceramic or vinyl floor is installed on top. Expect the process to take three to five days.
- Toilet, Shower, and Vanity: The major fixtures are installed. Add one more day. If your vanity will have a custom stone countertop, that is another day.
- Enclosures and Painting: Next, the wall panels and doors are installed or tile added to your tub and shower enclosures. The backsplash is added to the vanity. Wall panels may go in with the tub install, but tiling will add another week to the process. Painting drywall needs two to three days.
- New Lights and Exhaust Fans: Finally, your electrician returns to connect your new lighting fixtures, the jetted tub, and speaker system.
Last of all, if you are organizing this major home improvement project on your own, you will be coordinating all the different vendors and trying to get their schedules in sync. It is not unusual to have several days when nothing happens as your plumber is called away to an emergency.
Work with the Professionals for the Best Results for Either Project
Columbus Bath Design offers you the flexibility of speedy one-day service or the option to go all-in for a true custom home spa experience. If you want to change things up, our team offers all the services needed for a complete job while minimizing the disruption to your life. Give us a call to explore your bathroom renovation ideas today.