The effects of remodeling your bathroom go far beyond simply making it look more appealing.
Research from the National Association of Realtors confirms that more than 75 percent of homeowners who remodel their bathrooms want to be in their homes more. More than 65 percent say they actually have more fun after a bathroom remodeling project.
But, wait…there’s more!
The data also shows that, if done properly, at least 50 percent of your investment is recouped with the increase in your home’s value.
How extensive are bathroom remodels?
One of the beauties of deciding on a bathroom remodeling project is that it can be as little or expansive as you wish. You can gut the entire room and start again, or merely add a few updated features.
Here are some of the most popular bathroom remodeling projects that pack the most punch.
- Replacing the vanity: Many homeowners underestimate the value of a vanity. In addition to housing the sink, your vanity provides storage space and sets the stage for the rest of your bathroom. When not installed properly, it can be easy for mold to attach itself to your vanity, which can lead to cabinet damage as well.
You’ve got a host of options for vanity replacements. For example, open vanities give your bathroom an uncluttered appeal. If you’re more into the antique look, we can help you use repurposed furniture that gives a fun take on a traditional look. If your budget allows, we can also help you with a custom-designed vanity.
- New flooring: In the bathroom, what’s underneath your feet is definitely important. Choosing to replace the flooring is often one of the least expensive – yet most impactful – remodeling options for your bathroom.
Here at Columbus Bath Design, we recommend using tile, vinyl or wood. Another good contemporary option is to include a radiant-heat mat beneath the flooring for a more comfortable feeling year-round.
- Replacing your tub or shower: Whether you want a deep tub for a soaking bubble bath or a walk-in shower (which is very trendy these days), there are benefits to both. Some people decide to ditch their tub altogether because they use it so sparingly. Others wouldn’t dream of doing such a thing.
We’ve also noticed a growing need for walk-in tubs. Even though many independent seniors prefer this, it can be a good choice for practically anyone. Walk-in tubs are ideal for homeowners with mobility problems.
- Improved lighting: This is an often-overlooked detail for most bathrooms in general. With today’s technology, though, the lighting scheme in your bathroom can be customized to your tastes. In addition to selecting the light color, newer features give the ability to adjust the level of the light intensity.
How disruptive is the bathroom remodeling process?
This is where the decision to hire Columbus Bath Design really pays off. In most cases, we’re able to have your bathroom remodeling project completed in just one day. If the project is extensive, the workload may spill over into a second day, but that’s not the norm.
Here’s how we like to work:
- Once you make contact with us, our design experts will talk with you about your needs and ideas for your remodeling project.
- With you, we begin exploring options that best suit your ideas. We’ll talk about the price range for each object so that there’s no sticker shock down the line.
- Once everyone is on the same page, we’ll provide you with an estimate of the project costs. At this stage, we can also work with you in tweaking aspects of the project to make sure it fits your budget.
- We then order the materials and select a day and time for the installation.
- Before the installation, our installers will visit your home to size-up the situation and identify any potential obstacles that could get in the way. Doing this means there’s no wasted time on the day of installation.
- Your installation will be handled by one or two installers who will remain on the job until it’s finished. If the project does stretch into another day, the same installers will return to finish the job.
Keep in mind that at any point in the project you can make adjustments. We’re prepared for this and can usually make changes on the fly.
How do I get started on my bathroom remodeling project?
The first step is to have a clear understanding of what you want in your newly designed bathroom. For inspirational ideas, check out our online video gallery. There, you’ll find a host of short videos that guide you on the starting process.
We’d love to tell you about how you can get $250 of your bathroom remodeling project!